Monday, March 31, 2008

I hate the wait

It's days like today, where I really hate the wait for getting books from Amazon.

Reasons I hate the wait:
1) one of the books I need is work related, and it would be nice not flail around in front of networking people from other companies. I did what needed to be done, but it would have been nice to do it faster, I don't have a ton of experience on firewalls in general, or the one being used.

2) For the most part it was slow today at work. It would have been nice to have the book from number 1) to read today. It would also have been nice to have the CCNA study guide I purchased to read as well. I haven't done much networking in the last 7 years. That which I have done has been small, or simple. I think the CCNA would be a good review. It would also help with other things t hat I have to deal with at where I'm currently working. Like co-workers who think I don't know anything other than Nix (a comment that has come up a few times now).

For the record, I don't put much faith in certs, not even the Cisco ones. The CCNA was next to useless to me before, when I had 5 years of day in and day out experience. I don't think it will be all that more useful to me now. However, it besides the job performance over the last 3 weeks, can be thrown in the doubter's faces.

No comments: