Saturday, August 23, 2008

Group workout

So it appears that I was too hard on the group last week. I didn't think we worked out all that hard, except for the hill sprints. However, yesterday Nick was saying he was still sore. He didn't show up today because he was going to visit his dad a little way up state.

Deb didn't bring Sam, because Sam had to work. We're changing the workout time to Saturday Evenings about 7pm (although I'm half tempted to say 5pm even though it'll be warmer), to accommodate Sammy.

So it was just Deb and myself. I figured that was ok, I can work her swings and other things, and focus in on problem areas. She had trouble last week with the swings.

I was starting with dead lifts. I told her to push her butt back further, she did... But couldn't get more than a 1/4 of the way down, because her Hamstrings were too tight.

So we stretched out and did some body weight stuff too. She said she was going to work her stretches this week because she really really wants to get in shape and likes the way that she felt. I can't wait to see how Nick is doing Monday. And by moving to later in the day, I might be able to get 1 to 2 more people to come join us (because while they said they wanted to work out, the morning was too early).

Today's "Group" workout:
Carry 24kg in one hand, 16kg and 12kg in the other hand, down the hill to the work out area.
5 Toe Touches, widening the feet each stretch holding for 10 seconds.
2 wide stretch lunges
10 Rock bottom squats with wiggles. (Deb was having problems with these, pushing her knees towards her toes but we cleaned it up).
5r / 5l side lunges (step sideways out into a side lunge).
3 - 3/4 unassisted pull-ups (only 2 were from dead hangs, the first one was from a standing start).
5 - Heavy band assisted pull-ups (perform better 2 1/2 inch superbands).
4 - Heavy band assisted pull-ups

Deb did 4 and 3.

Then it was time to carry the heavy weights back up the hill. 24kg in one hand, 16 and 12 kg in the other hand.
It's a lot harder going up the hill than it is going down the hill... I'm going to buy a wagon for next week.

No comments: