Friday, April 17, 2009

last night at MA rocked

Last night's workout was a little harder, I got to play the whole time, but I burnt less calories. About 49 less.

1106 calories, in under 2 hours. The monitor said my max heart rated was 210 at one point, 111% my max.

Started off some light jump roped before class.

Class warm up was 50+ jumping jacks and Range of Motion.

Then 2 rounds of 30 seconds work, 15 seconds rest Circuit.
Push ups
squats
jump rope

Trust me, that's a killer. We all liked it, mostly because it was different.

Basic motions, with different motions than the ones we're used too. More advanced ones since all we had were 4th gup and up.

one steps

forms

and free fighting. I've got some new bruises from that, which kept me up part of the night. I'd roll over and roll on to one of them, which was enough to wake me up.

We even got Master Varga to play with us for one steps and free fighting.

Got some good criticism on my fighting skills, but that's ok. I tend to not follow up with after hitting, and Master Varga will leave himself open so you can do follow up combos. Other thing is I think too long in the fight. I'm looking for an opening, and by the time I find one and throw, Master Varga (or any of the other black belts) know what I'm going to throw before I throw it, because I take too long and basically telegraph it. Need to just throw and throw fast, the rest will take care of it's self. Or so I've been told.

No comments: