Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pidgin, Yahoo, and Debian Testing

So like lots of people, I've been having problems with Pidgin and Yahoo, after the upgrade. I followed several "work arounds". However every couple days it stopped working again.

If you followed the blog at all, you know I run Debian Testing right now. Currently, testing doesn't have the latest version of Pidgin that fixes the issue.

Instead of waiting, or changing my source lists, I went to the Debian Package pages and found the files I needed to get it to work.

If someone else wants to use DPKG to install just the files they need, here are the ones I needed:

libpurple0_2.5.7-1_i386.deb
libzephyr4_3.0~beta.2483-2_i386.deb
pidgin-data_2.5.7-1_all.deb
pidgin_2.5.7-1_i386.deb

Libpurple0 and pidgin-data were needed for pidgin. Libzephyr4 was needed for libpurple to install.

No comments: