Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ready... Hit it.

Title from Mythbusters last night. I liked how the pilot kept saying that before maneuvers. Used it as my slogan for working out today.

Did ETK (Work Book) week 2, day 3 today. 30 swings, minute active rest. The swings were killer on my grip. 24kg, not fun. But that's why I do it, to become better.

Then like last week, about 30 minutes later, I went to the Apartment Complex's "Boot Camp" class. Got 6lbs balls this week. Heaviest he has (toning balls). He asked if my Core was sore from the Power Core class. I answered truthfully. Back was sore after, but felt nothing yesterday or today. I looked at me like I was insane, and said he didn't want to see what my workouts at home were like. I suggested Turkish Get Ups at one point in class, showed it. Girls in the class whined and said no. Liked what he gave us even less. :-)

Rocked boot camp.

Then invited him over to see what my work outs looked like. Introduced him to the calendar, the 100 push up challenge, my heavier and heavy kettlebells (He's met the 16kg before). Loaned him my copy of Art Of Strength's Kettlebell Clinic volume 1. I'll get it back Tuesday. Showed off my Power Tower. I asked him how much he thought I weighted. He looked me up and down a few times, thought about it, and finally said 205. I laughed. Still floating at 240. He asked if my workouts were causing weight loss or gain. I said holding steady. Showed him a negative pull-ups (controlled lowering), since he asked what they were while looking at the FitDecks. He'll probably pick some of those up. he was really interested in them.

Now, if I could only get him to Joust Fitness to play with the kettlebells there. I think he'd enjoy it.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

sounds like he has the potential to be a slow convert...