Friday, January 16, 2009

going to be a few days

What is it about Martial Arts on Thursday nights and me injuring myself lately?

Last week I pulled a muscle in my back during class, still aches from time to time a week later.

Last night we were doing Self Defense related stuff... Get out of a bear hug, headlock, and other grapples. On one of them, I was the holder, my workout partner and I ended up going down hard. I don't remember exactly what hold we were doing, but we started moving around the mats in a standing position, and I got my right foot under me in the wrong way. It hurts, regardless of pressure on it or not. I can't wrap it, because then I wouldn't be able to wear a shoe (and it's arctic cold today, -10 when I started the car at 9am, forget the fact I don't have a bandage to wrap with).

Landed on my right hand wrong at some point too.. It's not as bad. Only hurts when I move the wrist a certain way.

So needless to say, it's going to be a few days before I'll be able to work out more.

No comments: