Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm rabbid I tell you.

One of my biggest problems with work, is turning off after I leave the office. The drive, to and from work, I think work. Doing dishes, I think work, sleeping, I dream work. And sometimes, just sometimes, it actually keeps me up at night.

Tonight is on of those nights. A group of severs at work, are being hit by people trying to use them as a proxy. Damn script kiddies. Anyway, if they were to actually look, they'd see that they're getting 403 errors back and that their attempt at proxying through my system is not working. I've looked at the access logs on all 4 boxes in question. I've even tried it myself.

It just doesn't work. It's just annoying though, that they keep trying. The person who acts as the product support for those servers pointed out the problem today, again. I've been looking at this since before I went on vacation, and it was in the back of my head since then. Problem is, more people are doing it now.

I spent from 11pm, to 1 am looking at it, and reading about penitration testing, and how to test if you're a proxy and etc, etc, etc. As far as I can tell, we're good... I'm going to do a large sweep of the logs tomorrow and see if they agree... But that's still 2 hours I wasted that I won't get back.

Sigh. I like my job, I like the things it lets me learn. I enjoy the stuff I was doing tonight... BUT I NEED TO LEARN TO HIT PAUSE and LEAVE IT FOR LATER

No comments: