Saturday, January 17, 2009

This morning's class

It was good. We did some basic motions, one steps, self defense and then started some forms. Not too hard, not too easy. I got to work with the third dan today. It was fun. He's a Detroit cop, so I get too learn all kinds of neat stuff...

Like the way I normally stand, a cop would interpret as a fighting stance. Turns out, that it's the stance that most perps take when they're being disrespectful to the cops, and easy to throw a punch from. I never noticed before. I just like it because it kept my hands from my sides, and everything in plain site.

After class I went to a sport store to find new pants. Didn't find the pair I wanted, and the choice was horrid. I guess I'll order the Under Armor Stretch All Weather pants on line. Hate doing that with clothes. Sigh.

After that, I'm stopped by to find out the best way to get a hold of the event coordinator for the Apartment Complex's club house. The black belt cop, and both my masters agree that I'm close enough to black belt, and since the only thing left for me to do is teach in class (Before testing, teach and get better at the techniques I know, better as in more refined) that I'll be good for the Self Defense class.

I know Monday I said I asked them about it. The thing was, I asked how hard would it be to get a class added to the schedule. The strength training and boot camp classes are the same day and time as Martial Arts. So I wanted to see about getting a trainer for Kettlebells on the weekend. The Yoga ladies were the ones that thought I was thinking self defense. They actually suggested the idea, and I just went with it.

Anyway, when I was asking today at the club house when the best time to get a hold of Cat (the coordinator was) one of the people there asked me why I wanted to get added. I said a self defense class. Her comment was, where was I last semester when she was going to school at Wayne State. That's 3 people that showed some kind of interest in the class. The pressure is starting to build I'm getting nervous about it.

No comments: